ABOUT

ABOUT MITAKISO 01

In 1946, Mitakiso was opened as a restaurant offering traditional Japanese cuisine in a mansion that had been built in the early Showa era by blending Japanese and Western elements. The mansion was popular with domestic and foreign guests as well as locals, having been used as accommodation for international VIPs as well as for Kioh shogi games or Gosei igo competitions.

ABOUT MITAKISO 02

After closing at the end of January 2006, the restaurant reopened in October 2009 under the Mitakiso brand. Mitakiso offers traditional Japanese dishes based on local ingredients from Hiroshima, making use of the existing mansion and garden.

ABOUT MITAKISO 03

The restaurant owner visits food markets and producers to carefully select and purchase food ingredients, which are then sumptuously prepared by the chefs. Every single dish served to our customers reflects the confidence and dedication of a restaurant with a long tradition.